This beer was a first on two accounts: my first high gravity all-grain (high to me anyway) and my first RPA. yum.
For a 4.5 gallon batch (will it all fit in my mash tun, we shall see...):
- 11.75lbs 2-row brewers (or pale)
- 3.6 lbs rye malt
Sparge with 3.8 gallons of 170 degree H2O. Keep 4.9 gallons in the brewpot.
- 1 oz Nothern Brewer (from the hopyard) at boil
- 30 minutes .75 oz Cascade (from the hopyard)
- 15 minutes .750z Cascade (from the hopyard)
- 2 minutes .75 oz Cascade (from the hopyard)
- OFF .25 oz Centennial (from the store)
- dry hop .3 oz Centennial at transfer
This beer has been fermenting for nearly a month; it started at 1.076 and is down to 1.o245. Its chugging along very slowly, but the yeast hasn't dropped out yet. When it does, I've acquired some oak "infusion spirals" from The Barrel Mill for further testing...